Bang® Master Blaster® is not your typical peak-and-crash pre-workout drink that leaves you exhausted and barely able to finish your second set of leg curls. If you’ve ever had a Bang® energy drink you know that Bang is a different kind of company. We’re not interested in saying we have the best energy drinks and sports supplements in the world while offering buy-one-get-one specials at the local Kwik-E-Mart — we’re interested in PROVING it.
That’s why Bang® Master Blaster® has undergone not one, but two, university studies to verify its effectiveness. And the results were what we and our customers have come to expect — outstanding!
- One serving of Bang® Master Blaster® increased serum IGF-1 by 12.3% compared with placebo.
- One serving of Bang® Master Blaster® increased serum growth hormone (GH) by 189% compared with placebo.
- One serving of Bang® Master Blaster® improved vertical jump by an average of 2.2 cm (almost a full inch), or 3.7%.
- One serving of Bang® Master Blaster® improved leg extension endurance by an average of 2.4 repetitions or 11.7% (at 70% of one-rep maximum).
In a one-month study, the results were even more astounding:
- Up to 6.9-pound increase in lean muscle.
- Up to 22.5-pound improvement in the bench press.
- Up to 52.5-pound increase in the squat.
So, do yourself a favor: Give your current pre-workout to someone you don’t like very much and grab a container of Bang® Master Blaster® instead. You won’t be sorry you did!
What are BCAAs?
Branched-chain amino acids, or BCAAs, consist of three essential amino acids — leucine, isoleucine and valine — and have been shown to increase muscle growth and prevent muscle wasting. Although BCAAs can be found in whey protein, there’s a strong case to be made for taking them separately as well. A 2017 study noted that people who consumed 5.6 grams of BCAAs after their resistance workouts had a 22% greater increase in muscle protein synthesis compared to those who did not. What’s more, there are numerous other studies illustrating that BCAA supplements inhibit muscle protein breakdown, commonly known as muscle wasting or atrophy.
BCAAs also reduce muscle soreness after workouts and fatigue during exercise.
Citrulline Malate Benefits
Citrulline malate, which is found in Bang’s Master Blaster®, is believed to widen blood vessels and that’s why so many people love it — it helps one achieve a pump. Now, whether those pumps lead to greater muscle growth has been hotly debated. A 2010 study says yes, a 2018 study says no. Still, the mental aspect cannot be underestimated. Plus, there are other benefits to citrulline malate:
- It has been shown to increase the production of growth hormone after exercise. (Human growth hormone, or HGH, is instrumental in muscle growth, strength and athletic performance. It is also extremely helpful in aiding one recover from injuries and diseases.
- Studies indicate it increases oxygen in the muscles themselves, which — at least theoretically — should improve athletic performance.
- Because it dilates the blood vessels and promotes better blood flow, it may lower blood pressure.
Creatine Monohydrate Benefits
Master Blaster® also has five grams of creatine monohydrate per serving. Creatine, in its various forms, is the most popular nutritional supplement in the world. Creatine is not a steroid, but it can improve health and athletic performance in a variety of ways. To begin with, it can help produce more ATP — the primary energy source for the body during heavy lifting and high-intensity exercise.
Creatine also helps you gain muscle.
- Possibly because of the increased ATP production referenced above, creatine enables users to work out longer and harder — more work, more intensity, more muscle growth.
- Creatine increases cell hydration (water content within the cell), which may play a role in muscle growth.
- A 2010 study showed that creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training led to a decrease in levels of myostatin, a substance responsible for regulating, i.e. limiting, muscle growth.
- Creatine reduces protein breakdown, which, at least theoretically, could increase total muscle mass.
- A 2000 study showed that creatine increases the proliferation of cells, which aids muscle repair and new muscle growth, at least fast-twitch muscle growth.
- Studies have documented a rise in hormones, like IGF-1, after ingesting creatine.
What is SUPER CREATINE®?
The brainchild of Bang CEO and CSO Jack Owoc, SUPER CREATINE® (U.S. patent 8,445,466) is a dipeptide of creatine and L-leucine (creatyl-L-leucine), which, unlike other forms of creatine, is stable in water for an extended period. (Creatine monohydrate, for example, degrades very quickly, which is why any pre-workout liquid containing it should be consumed immediately.)
What Is Betaine Anhydrous?
For veteran lifters who feel they have reached a plateau, Master Blaster® also contains betaine anhydrous (dehydrated betaine) — a chemical that appears naturally in the body and can also be found in foods such as beets, seafood, wine and Popeye’s favorite food, spinach. A 2013 study concluded that six weeks of betaine supplementation “improved body composition, arm size [the whole arm, not just the forearm] and bench press work capacity.”
Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid that, along with histidine, produces carnosine, a substance that is stored in your skeletal muscles and has been shown to reduce lactic acid buildup during exercise.
Not only is caffeine classified as a nootropic due to its positive effects on the brain, including increased concentration, it also has a tremendous thermogenic effect on the body. In other words, it increases metabolism — by as much as 3-11 percent, according to numerous studies — so, it can help you lose weight.
Caffeine also increases physical endurance and, some scholars argue, strength. What’s more, a University of Georgia study showed that it decreased post-workout muscle pain by up to 48 percent and, for those on a ketogenic diet or drinking Bang® Keto Coffee, caffeine in moderately high doses (162 mg or higher, depending on body weight) drastically increases ketone production in the body (ketones are used for energy in the absence of carbs).
Serving Size 1 scoop